Policy Debate Registration Procedures
Saturday, 31 July 2010 18:36
If you have any questions, please contact the Policy Debate VP at
- Registration for tournaments should be done solely through tabroom.com.
- You must provide one judge for every two teams or fraction thereof. For example, if you enter 5 teams, you owe 3 judges. Please note: your judges are obligated to judge all four rounds of the tournament in whatever divisions they are assigned as need requires. There are no “half” judges in WACFL. Coaches should specify if the judge is a 1st year judge or a 1st year college student.
- Your registration on tabroom.com should include: school name, names of debaters (first and last), division for each team of debaters (Varsity Open, Varsity Classic, JV Open, JV Classic, or Novice Classic), and the names of your judges.
- Drops on Saturday morning, unless caused by an emergency situation, are frowned upon. Additionally, students dropping on Saturday morning for reasons other than emergencies will NOT be allowed to compete at the next WACFL policy tournament, per the WACFL constitution and by-laws. Also, coaches are encouraged not to switch team pairings around on Saturday morning as this creates additional work for the tab room and slows down the start of the tournament.
- Please note: in junior varsity (both open and classic policy) and in classic novice policy, ALL affirmative teams must present a case from one of the approved six case areas that are posted to www.wacfl.org following the fall coaches’ meeting. Affirmative teams will receive a forfeit loss in any round in which they present an affirmative case that clearly falls outside the approved case areas.
When using tabroom.com, be sure to do the following:
- Create an account and sign on
- Create/link to your school
- Join the correct league (Va: Washington-Arlington Catholic Forensic League)
- Add students to your roster
- Add judges to your roster
- Register for the upcoming tournament
- Add students and judges to the tournament that you will be attending
Registrations must be completed by 9PM on the Wednesday before the tournament with all information about the students, their events, their divisions, and ALL JUDGES. No additional entries or exchanges of entries will be permitted after the close of Wednesday registration.
Only drops will be permitted on Friday evenings until 7PM. There will be a $10 fine for each late drop after that time. For the purposes of judge allocation, judges may be dropped if students are dropped before 7PM on Friday night. Student drops after the 7PM Friday deadline do NOT relieve your school of its judging obligations. Judge obligations are based on your school’s registration at the close of the drop period on Friday night. In all events, dropped judges incur a $50 per judge fine after the close of the drop period on Friday night.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 December 2010 03:23